Creation Time for Task or Process

I'm looking for a way to report the creation time of a task or process/sub-process. Is this information being persisted? And if so, how do I get it?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Thank you all for your responses, but as I understand it the start time of a task or process is not the same as the creation time. My understanding is that start time (for a task, at least) is when the when the user that the task is assigned to accepts it to begin working on it. What I'm looking for is when the task originally came into being, whether it was assigned or not, and certainly independent of when someone began working on it.

I am familiar with queryprocessanalytics(). I regret that I did not mention that in my initial post. It just seems like the creation date/time is missing. In my mind, the lifecycle of a task or process goes something like this:

Creation -> Assignment -> Accepted (work starts)
    ??? -> Task Assignment Time -> tp!starttime

I am looking for how to get the ??? timestamp, while it seems that queryprocessanalytics only gives the last 2.

I have thought of assigning a deadline to a task that is always a certain number of hours after it is created, then getting tp!deadline and subtracting those hours, but it seems to me that getting the creation datetime should not require jumping through such hoops.
  • If the timestamp you want is not part of the available metrics, looks like you will just have to create a script task immediately before the user input task which saves now() into a pv (let's call it taskCreationTime) and then build a task report that looks at pv!taskCreationTime.
  • That is another idea with potential... probably better than the deadline idea in case the deadlines ever start getting used (and changed) for their intended purpose.
  • Yep this is how I would do it and the easiest way.
Reply Children
No Data