Starting a Process from a SAIL interface and chaining

Certified Associate Developer

Hello There,

I have a SAIL form with a button that starts a small process model via a!startProcess().  This model is set to chain from start to finish however the button is returning the "onSuccess" condition before the process instance completes. 

However, when I use the exact same parameters on a SAIL form with a!startProcessLink (ie: same values for the ProcessModel and Parameters arguments) the process instance chains as expected and does not return until the instance is complete.

I am depending on this background process to update data and then fetching the updated results on the SAIL form inside a with()

Is this discrepancy the expected behavior? 

A couple notes:

• The documentation says that both calls should respect process chaining
  • We are running on 18.1 however there is no mention of a related bug in any of the subsequent release notes (18.2 or the hotfixes)

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
    A Score Level 2
    in reply to Jin Pheh
    Please correct me if my understanding is wrong. From the documentation What I understand is a!startProcess() "This smart service follows activity-chaining, completing only when the activity chain is complete or broken. The smart service then returns the process variables as of the completion of activity chaining through the processInfo.pv output."

From the start node the smart service will follow the activity chaining. Once the activity chain breaks or the flow completes, then only the processInfo will get the value, that is what we get in fv!processInfo.
Children