Updating Priority of a Task

I have a situation in which a task is assigned to a manager for his or her approval. If approved, that person will select a user from a people picker who is responsible for the following task. Is there anyway for me to give the manager the ability to set a priority for the next task. I know you can set one in advance to Low, Medium, or High or have it change over time. This manager wants to set it during the assignment phase.  

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hi Tony -

I have a couple of ideas for this one.

First Option: if you're determined to make use of tp!priority you could always put a gateway after the manager's approval, and based on the manager's setting, have the process flow into one of 3 nearly-identical user input tasks - where the only difference is the priority.  This is arguably a little sloppy, and probably will be a little tedious to maintain.

Alternative Option: If you've already got a database row containing metadata for each task, I would just add a priority column to the table.  
    Priority as a database value you yields two bonuses - it's easy to set, and you can have more priority values than just low, med, high, (e.g. "CRITICAL!!!!" if you want).  
    This is probably the preferred approach.

Accessing this value from the database isn't that much harder than getting it from tp!priority, and reporting on tasks by priority from the db might actually be simpler than retrieving priority from process data.

• Hi tonyc,

Just create three identical user input task with only different priority low,Normal & High. Now give an option to Manager and route the flow based on his selection. If he select low then use user input task having low priority task assignment and so on.

regards
    Abhay Giri