Like most of you we create all our processes and dependencies in one environment

Like most of you we create all our processes and dependencies in one environment and test until everything is verified.
We then create an application and export it out so we can import it to another environment.
Our production environment is on a different network and it has a completely different URL.
The CDTs that are created in the initial environment will retain the namespace and other URL info in xsd:schema tag throughout the different environments.
We are not experiencing any issues at the moment but moving forward I’m curious to what impact the schema tag will have if the URL isn’t changed to match the environment.
Does anyone know if not changing the URL to match the environment will create any problems?
Also, does anyone know if this information is referenced by anything else in the systems?

Thanks...

OriginalPostID-84481

OriginalPostID-84481

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Actually if you make sure the CDT is included in the application package any rule using the type! constructor will:

1. Report an error in package inspection (Applications - Import - Inspect) because the CDT is not in the environment yet and the inspection doesn't assume it will be created when it comes to analyzing the type! constructor dependencies:

"Reference to datatype [null] (Content > Free-form Rule) cannot be found."

2. But the import will succeed since the CDT will be created in the target environment as part of the import (Applications - Import - Import)

3. Once the CDT is in the target environment (regardless its namespace) the inspection will work too.

Here's an example forum.appian.com/.../108562 of an application that contains a rule defined as:

=type!AppianSupportEngineer(firstName:"Eduardo", lastName:"Fuentes")

which gets saved as

='type!{xxxxx.appiancorp.com:8080/.../}AppianSupportEngineer'(firstName:"Eduardo", lastName:"Fuentes")

if this app is "Inspected" in another environment you will get the error I describe in #1 but if you click "Import" instead of "Inspect" the import will succeed since the CDT is included in the package. I may be misunderstanding the problem you faced Mike but hopefully not. Ideally the namespace shouldn't be a problem as long as the CDT exists in the target environment or is included in the app to be imported.
  • Actually if you make sure the CDT is included in the application package any rule using the type! constructor will:

1. Report an error in package inspection (Applications - Import - Inspect) because the CDT is not in the environment yet and the inspection doesn't assume it will be created when it comes to analyzing the type! constructor dependencies:

"Reference to datatype [null] (Content > Free-form Rule) cannot be found."

2. But the import will succeed since the CDT will be created in the target environment as part of the import (Applications - Import - Import)

3. Once the CDT is in the target environment (regardless its namespace) the inspection will work too.

Here's an example forum.appian.com/.../108562 of an application that contains a rule defined as:

=type!AppianSupportEngineer(firstName:"Eduardo", lastName:"Fuentes")

which gets saved as

='type!{xxxxx.appiancorp.com:8080/.../}AppianSupportEngineer'(firstName:"Eduardo", lastName:"Fuentes")

if this app is "Inspected" in another environment you will get the error I describe in #1 but if you click "Import" instead of "Inspect" the import will succeed since the CDT is included in the package. I may be misunderstanding the problem you faced Mike but hopefully not. Ideally the namespace shouldn't be a problem as long as the CDT exists in the target environment or is included in the app to be imported.
Children
No Data