Appian Report to send in Email

My requirement is to generate Appian Report and send it through an email .

Any ideas on how to achieve this is appreciable..(Is it possible to achieve?)

Thanks

Rohini

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hi Rohini,

Can you specify more about "How you want to generate the Report"(Excel, PDF,etc).

After generating the report , you can attach the report to the email (clicking the"add attachments" link and pass the corresponding report PV ).

Thanks
    Siva Chimata
  • Hi Siva,
    Thanks for the response.

This is an Appian Report and not Excel or PDF.
    I want to know if by any chance we can send the Appian Report in an Email?

By any chance can we generate the report from the process model?

Thanks
    Rohini
  • Hi Rohini,

Let's say you are trying to export PROCESS REPORT.
    You would create an Appian Report (Process report, task report or process model report)
    You would use a!queryProcessAnalytics() to get the data in datasubset format to show in grid
    Now instead of doing that you need to do that at process model level. Once you get data you can export it to excel using another smart service.

If your process data in coming from DB then it would be must simpler. You can forward that data straight away to export to excel.

But in case you have some charts in your report then it's a bit more tricky.

Let me know if that justifies.

Thanks!
    Mayur Mondhe
  • Hi Rohini,

If it is

1. Process Report as mayurm suggested, you can use below smart services based on your scenario,
    a. Export Process Report to CSV
    b. Export Process Report to Excel
    Above smart services generates documents from Process Reports. The documents generated can be attached to your email.

2. If it is Tempo report, build a dynamic Docx based on the Tempo report template.
    Using this template generate word document using Word Doc from Template Smart Service. The documents generated can be attached to your email.

Note: Charts cannot be added in Docx.

Hope this helps!