Export to Excel Spreadsheet

I have been trying to export a report to Excel so that my customer can view the output in a way in which they are familiar with manipulating the data. I have had success in exporting the data except for the field containing the name or pp!initiator. In the report, I use a rule to display the user's full name instead of username from his or her profile. When it gets exported to the Excel spreadsheet, it reverts back to the value contained in username.

An example would be the following. If the value of the username is xzyjohn, when I apply a rule in the report - user(xzyjohndoes,"firstName")-, I can see it is converted to John. When I export that report, the value returns to xyzjohn.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thank you.  

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hi Tony,

How many number of users would be able to initiate the Process Model?

If the users are less in number, then the following steps can be followed,

1. Create a pv1 of type text and multiple saving all the usernames.
    2. Create a pv2 of type text and multiple saving all the user first names. (Note:Usernames and First names should be in proper order)
    3. In the process report, in the column configuration, displayvalue() function can be used to display First Name instead of User Name. The same column can be exported. Please find the link to display value function here.

Note: If Last Name is also needed, in pv2, both first name and last name can be saved.

There are disadvantages with this approach, saving all the user names and first names in process variables consumes more memory. 

Thanks,

Hema