Basic issue: CDT one to Many for comments

Hi All,

I am quite new to Appian, so facing my first issue where I don't see how to make progress with the documentation (and I bet is very simple!).

I have a CDT 'main' that has another CDT  'commentslog' inside (relation one to many). The second auxiliar CDT is to track comments from the users in the different tasks/forms.

I am only using one CDT on my process. Each form use the same PV, and in each form the user can modify this 'main' CDT and can add a (new) comment with a text box. 

The problem that I have is that this "new" comment is the same one, it is overwritten in each step, as I am not managing to make it a new item in the array of comments. On the Database what I see is one 'main' CDT with only one comment per process initiated.  

Did anyone face a similar issue or could bring me some light?

Thanks and have a nice weekend!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    Are you saying you have a CDT with a nested CDT? If so, make sure in the main CDT description the nested one is marked as multiples.

I don’t usually use nested CDTs. I would create two CDTs and put a foreign key in the child table that stores the primary key of the parent. Then you would have two CDTs and two PVs and can work with them as needed.
    Certified Lead Developer
    Are you saying you have a CDT with a nested CDT? If so, make sure in the main CDT description the nested one is marked as multiples.

I don’t usually use nested CDTs. I would create two CDTs and put a foreign key in the child table that stores the primary key of the parent. Then you would have two CDTs and two PVs and can work with them as needed.
Children