Query Database smart service throwing error

Certified Senior Developer

Query Database smart service in process model showing exception "There was a problem executing the SQL query. SQL Message : [Ljava.lang.String; cannot be cast to java.lang.String".

My query was: "UPDATE Orders SET updateDate = now() WHERE orderId=ac!orderId"
ac!orderId is a "multiple" type node variable.

Can anyone help me on this?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hi a quick question here:

Are there any specific reasons why you have opted Query Database Smart Service? As Appian do not recommend the usage of this smart service, instead why don't you go for Write to Data Store Entity / Write to Multiple Data Store Entities Smart Service?

Now response to your query, may i know what's the Column Data type of updateDate, is that a Date Type or Date and Time/Timestamp as you know that now() function return type is Date and Time with Timezone, also you must use in operator when the comparison value is of multiple type.
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hi a quick question here:

Are there any specific reasons why you have opted Query Database Smart Service? As Appian do not recommend the usage of this smart service, instead why don't you go for Write to Data Store Entity / Write to Multiple Data Store Entities Smart Service?

Now response to your query, may i know what's the Column Data type of updateDate, is that a Date Type or Date and Time/Timestamp as you know that now() function return type is Date and Time with Timezone, also you must use in operator when the comparison value is of multiple type.
Children
No Data