Filter Option on a Record List

I have a record view that has filters but I am not familiar on how to create one that would allow me to select an individual's name. I was able to create the label but could not figure out how to actually select a person since my values are coming from a people picker field in the process. it is being saved into a process variable called "assignedDBModeler" which is of user type.

In other words, my list of Data Modelers can be anyone in our Appian database which I understand is not a good practice. Even if I could limit it to a group of users, I still don't know the mechanics of creating the filter. Can anyone offer any insight?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • 1. I think its not recommended to have user filter which can have more values as it is UI drop down(prefer dropdown in UI only if data count is 2o or 30)
    2. But if you still want to have user filter for user type. You may need to convert the username to text. Also as you are using this on UI you may need to show user display name
    3. As mentioned in previous comments Dynamic user filters give more flexibility for these type of implementation
  • 1. I think its not recommended to have user filter which can have more values as it is UI drop down(prefer dropdown in UI only if data count is 2o or 30)
    2. But if you still want to have user filter for user type. You may need to convert the username to text. Also as you are using this on UI you may need to show user display name
    3. As mentioned in previous comments Dynamic user filters give more flexibility for these type of implementation
Children
No Data