Regarding MNI

Hi,

I am fetching the data from the database and displaying it in the grid with a button.

I have to assign a task to a group of people and they will take some action on the data. 

Let say We have 10 people in the group and I have used MNI on the user input task because I want to make the task available to every member of the group.

For suppose If 5 people have accepted the task and changed all the status in the database then I don't want to make task available to the rest of the people in the group. Since there is no data to take action on.

So How can I achieve this by using MNI.

Your suggestions are valuable

Thanks and Regards,

Aswini

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hi Aswini - there should be no need to use MNI in my opinion. If you've assigned a task to a group then all members of that group will receive a notification from Appian that there is something needing their attention. When the first user goes into the task and accepts it, all other users in the group will no longer be able to see the task. Assuming of course that the task is asking for the first user to update all the relevant items on the screen.

Hope this helps.
  • It sounds like you desire to have a single task assigned to each member of the group, but once a certain condition is met (e.g. database fields are updated, or a certain threshold of people have accepted and fulfilled), then the remaining tasks should collapse and no longer be assigned.

I'm not certain that MNI is a good solution either, as paulc919 has suggested. For generating multiple tasks you have two options. MNI or tick the flag to generate one task for each assignee. But both vary slightly in how they execute and you'll need to read a little on how they both work.

However, one solution might be to have an orchestrator process that is launched at the same time as the tasks, that uses the Task Services (it may be a plugin) to run a task report and actively cancel tasks that are no longer needed.

Be aware however that this may have a negative impact to user experience, as the user's whose tasks are cancelled will likely have been notified of a task assigned to them, containing a task link, but if the task is cancelled and they subsequently click that link they will receive a message indicating that the task is no longer available.

Much depends on your desires, and in the case of database updates, how you choose to perform those updates. If you can supply more information, it will help the community provide a better answer