Re trigger task if it has not not been accepted after 5 mins and stop re triggering once it's accepted.

I have a use case in which a task is assigned to group and re triggered every 10 mins if the task has not been accepted; once accepted the re triggering of task should stop.

I used task report to fetch data if the task is accepted or assigned and work on the same in the expression rule of escalation timer but the task node gets paused.

Can anyone suggest something for this ?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer

It sounds like you already have it set up approximately how I would have guessed it should be done. Can you perhaps show us a screenshot of your exception timer event configuration just so we can confirm (and help verify against errors)? I'm also curious whether you can provide any additional detail about the task node getting paused - I don't know why this would be happening when the expression condition for the timer event is false (i assumed the timer would just be ignored in this case).

A potential issue here is that as far as I can tell, the timer condition expression might evaluate immediately upon node execution (and not, for example, when the timer hits) - in which case, the timer would fire regardless of whether the task had been accepted, since it hadn't been accepted as of the time the node was first executed.  I'm unsure if there's an easy way to test this, though, and the documentation does not seem to clarify one way or the other.

Edit to add: I seem to have been able to accomplish what you're wanting to do by setting this condition on the timer expression (it simply checks whether tp!owner exists for the task instance, which hinges on the acceptance status):

rule!APN_isBlank(tostring(tp!owner))

• Hi Mike,

I could've used the method you mentioned about checking the tp!owner but as we already know that since the timer condition gets triggered as soon as the flow reaches the task node and that moment tp!owner will always be blank. So, regardless condition will always evaluate to true.

Regards,

Mohit

Reply Children