Socket Timeout Issue

I have a SAIL user interface that has two fields which the value entered is being evaluated by a rule. The rule uses a WSDL which goes up against our employee database and verifies if the users ID is valid. The rule seems to work fine on most occasions but more often than not, it timeouts and the following error or alert is displayed:

Could not display interface. Please check definition and inputs.
Interface Definition: Expression evaluation error in rule 'vms1_getuseremail' at function 'webservicequery' [line 2]: The maximum time waiting for an operation to complete was reached (socket timeout).

There are times when I fill out the two fields and the IDs are verified as being correct but as soon as I move to another field, the values appear to be re-evaluated and this time my invalid ID message "Invalid entry" in the validations:{} is shown. Here is the code I use for the first approver field and the second approver field with the exception of the label name and ri input name.

a!textField(
                    label: "Approver 1",
                    instructions: "Please enter a valid ADID",
                    labelPosition: "ABOVE",
                    maxselections: 1,
                    value: ri!APRSApprover1,
                    saveInto: ri!APRSApprover1,
                    required: true,
                    validations: {
                      if(
                        isnull(
                          (
                            rule!VMS1_getUserEmail(
                              ri!APRSApprover1
                            )
                          )
                        ),
                        "Invalid entry",
                        {}
                      ),

}
                  ),

I will then move to another field and the invalid message goes away. Does the interface keep performing the same validations as I am moving around the form? If this is a timeout issue with the connection to the WSDL, then I could see why the message keeps flip-flopping.

Is there a way to only validate once on a form until the time out issue is resolved? Any other resolutions come to mind.

Thank you,

Tony

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
No Data