How to update process variable type with the latest version of the CDT for the in-flight process instances?

We had to add two new columns for an existing CDT. New process instances post deployment are fine as they refer to the latest version of the CDT. But in-flight process instances refer to the previous version of the CDT. However there is a related action available where the end user can capture the data for the newly added fields. But the business is more aligned with the option of the data entry on the tasks from the in-flight process instances.

Hence, hiding the section based upon the deployment date is ruled out. Please let me know other possible options to handle this scenario. Thanks in advance.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to josep
    Hi Jose,

The process model is a very long and complex one.

When the tasks from the in-flight process instances are submitted, values for the two newly created variables are getting cleared in the database. This is because the in-process instances would still refer to the old version of the CDT which wouldn’t have the newly added variables.

As a workaround, I am thinking to hide the section and set null for this CDT, based upon the deployment date on the task and rejecting null in the process which writes to the DB. In this way I can avoid writing data, when tasks from in-flight process instances are submitted.
Children