Node Inputs VS Node Outputs

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to Appian and I'm really confused about the difference between node inputs and node outputs in a process model. Can someone please explain to me when I should use each one, and why? Isn't it true that BOTH options can manipulate data in some way, and save those new values into process variables? Can I just always use node outputs? I've looked at the documentation and I'm still confused :(

Regards, 

Fabian

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Node Input:These are also called Activity class parameters they will be used with in the node.once the process move onto next node this Activitity class parameters are no longer usefull.

Node Output:We save all the node out puts to the Process variables which can reused through out the process.

Note :We save Activity class parameters also into the node outputs so that they can be used all over the process.

If you know the java
    Activity calss parameters are localvariables
    Process variables are Global variables

Hope This helps.

Thank you!

Regards,
    Rajesh Kilaru
  • Node Input:These are also called Activity class parameters they will be used with in the node.once the process move onto next node this Activitity class parameters are no longer usefull.

Node Output:We save all the node out puts to the Process variables which can reused through out the process.

Note :We save Activity class parameters also into the node outputs so that they can be used all over the process.

If you know the java
    Activity calss parameters are localvariables
    Process variables are Global variables

Hope This helps.

Thank you!

Regards,
    Rajesh Kilaru
Children
No Data