Using a Like Statement to Query an Oracle Database

I have made several attempts to query an Oracle database using a "like" statement and I either get no results or Invalid column index or Invalid number errors. Here are the different SQL statements I tried to use:

SELECT application_name FROM web.vw_oracle_dds_inventory where application_name like ac!test +'%' order by application_name

SELECT application_name FROM web.vw_oracle_dds_inventory where application_name like '%'+ ac!test +'%' order by application_name

The reason I am using a like statement is that I am trying to limit the amount of application names that are returned in a dropdown box since only 100 will show according to our setup. I am trying to narrow the search results. Can someone help me with the syntax.

Thanking you in advance,

Tony C.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to tonyc
    Even though you're not converting to SAIL I still think the best approach is to map your view to a datatype and use the standard a!queryEntity functionality.
    Failing that; it's been a long time since I've used the SQL node with Oracle but have you tried putting the '%' in the data inputs tab alongside the ac!test value rather than declaring it in the statement upfront?
Children
No Data