Export SQL To Excel Fails while debugging

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to execute smart service: Export SQL to Excel and process model is failing at the node stating error:

The following error was raised by the Export to Excel function: null

What could be the reason..?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hello gauravs

Before going into your problem I would like to encourage you to use the OOTB Export Data Store Entity to Excel. If you have a way to write your query to a Table and export it from there It would be lot better. If you are exporting this from a screen which has filters you will be able to export the same filters using exactly the same code. you just need to design it that way and reuse the same rules, same filters and you just have to assign the values and get a really goo result.     

https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/19.1/Export_To_Excel_Smart_Service.html

If you insist, Well that error does not mention too much detail about the problem so to debug this I would recommend the following:

1) take the same query you are trying to run into the database as is, does it works? does the result is fast?

1.1) Could you make a view out of that query to simplify the query you will be executing on the smart service?

2) do you have a query with special characters?

3) what do you get on the log file? stdOut.log?

4) are you on the cloud? which version are you using of Appian? what did you configured on the datasource?

Really consider implementing the export using the OOTB smart service it works really nice and it has really good support 

hope this helps 

Jose