Process only continues when active nodes are completed

Hi everyone,

I am creating a process model and I need to have the following conditions:

if x is true, the process goes to node1;
if y is true, the process goes to node2;
if z is true, the process goes to node3;

With this, the process can both go to all nodes, as can go only for 1 or 2 nodes, as it may not go to any node.
What I need is: for the process to continue, all nodes that are active must be completed. How can I do this?

Thanks in advance

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

As far as I know, if you combine the process flows from all three nodes into one AND gateway, it will wait until all paths have arrived before executing its outgoing path(s). You would want to install XOR gateways that go around nodes 1, 2 or 3 when they're not needed, such that the AND gateway receives an incoming flow from each branch regardless of whether it was needed.

If you want more explicit control of this then you could use a Complex gateway and configure it to require all incoming process flows.

• Hi Mike,

This prints illustrate what I did:

1. This is the process model

2. This is the configuration of the complex gateway

I already tested this way and works for me. Do you recommend this or you recommend other way to do this?

• +1
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to josuv0001

I thought you were saying that you require all 3 (possible) paths to complete before the process moves on - in which case, the setup you've pictured probably won't work for you.

For the first gateway, you don't really need a complex node - your current configuration would be accomplished with a regular OR gateway.  However I'd recommend you replace it with an AND gateway, and then add an XOR gateway in front of all 3 of the path nodes, which will execute the node if needed and go around it if not needed.

So basically something like this:

• +1
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to josuv0001

I thought you were saying that you require all 3 (possible) paths to complete before the process moves on - in which case, the setup you've pictured probably won't work for you.

For the first gateway, you don't really need a complex node - your current configuration would be accomplished with a regular OR gateway.  However I'd recommend you replace it with an AND gateway, and then add an XOR gateway in front of all 3 of the path nodes, which will execute the node if needed and go around it if not needed.

So basically something like this:

Children