All process models which contain email nodes inside an application

Hi,

in an exercise, I need to check all the send email nodes inside an application.

Is there any way I can search for that.

Thanks

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hi 

Depending on how many process models you have, you can either 

a) open each one up in turn to see if it uses the send email node - time consuming and painful

b) navigate to the system logs - open up a file in the root directory called hc-process-nodes (this assumes you have run an Appian Healthcheck recently) and filter the Activity Class Local ID column to contain the text string internal.sendemail - this will highlight all the occurrences where the send email node is used (older versions of the smart service as well as newer versions). You can then use the Process Model UUID value in Design to find the process models (or use the hc-process-models file to look up the process model name if more convenient) 

Hope this helps

Paul 

• 1) Add all the process models to an application you've created specifically for this exercise.

2) Export the application.

3) Unzip the application package into a directory of your choosing.

4) Using your favorite text editor, do a "find in files" search for the string "<name><![CDATA[Send E-Mail]]></name>" against the .xml files contained in the "processModel" folder that you unzipped.

Models that use send e-mail will contain this string.

The friendly name of the process model can be found in the <process-name> node of each XML file

Feel free to delete the application you created when you've finished this exercise.  It will not delete your models.

Certified Associate Developer
    in reply to paulc919

Hi,

I was extracting the list of all process models using send email node in PROD using system logs. hc-process-nodes and hc-process-models files displays the process models and nodes but the list is not comprehensive. hc-process-models excel file does not contain all the process models.

1. How can I get list of all process models in PROD environment.

2. How can I get list of all process models using "send email" node in process models.

3. How can I get list of all process models using "receive message event".