Connecting to existing database table while creating Datastore

Hi,

I am new to Appian. I want to create a data store which gets data from the existing database table instead of creating a new table. How can i achieve this? ,

What has to be the settings or specific DB schema for this, since am trying to create CDT using "create from database table or view" but it is throwing a error.

Thanks.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Associate Developer

First of all make sure that there is a primary column inside the table which you want to map

when you are creating CT using "create from database table or view" make sure that CDT has the same field set as primary key field

At the left bottom you can see the option of datastore, Make sure you datastore is selected there. Once you create CDT by this method, Your data store will automatically get published

• +1
    Certified Associate Developer

First of all make sure that there is a primary column inside the table which you want to map

when you are creating CT using "create from database table or view" make sure that CDT has the same field set as primary key field

At the left bottom you can see the option of datastore, Make sure you datastore is selected there. Once you create CDT by this method, Your data store will automatically get published

Children