Paging Grid on Fitnesse

I am using FitNesse for Appian, experience difficulties in testing for Grids, when testing for Editable Grid, FitNesse is able to select the grid, when testing for Paging Grid, FitNesse is not able to select the grid (Paging Grid is Read Only Grid), How to click the record on the paging grid

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • It depends what you are asking here. Paging grids on an interface can be selectable (either via checkbox or row highlight). They can also have clickable links in them. You might also be talking about a record listview (grid style).

1) For selecting a row in a paging grid, use "select grid | GRID_NAME or [GRID_INDEX] or GRID_NAME[INDEX] | row [ROW_INDEX]"

2) For clicking a link, I would try "click on link | LINK_NAME or LINK_NAME[INDEX]"

3) For selecting a record, I would try "click on record | RECORD_NAME or RECORD_NAME[INDEX] or [INDEX]"

These are all from the "Appian Cheat Sheet" documentation inside the FitNesse for Appian tool. If any of these ideas are incorrect, please look for other methods that might work or perhaps someone from the community can help.

• Process
    ID First Name Middle Name Last Name
    1 abc edf adr
    2 def def def
    3 ghi ghi ghi
    4 klm klm klm
    5 ghi ghi ghi
    6 klm klm klm

Scenario: If you click Work In Progress (Paging Header) then below list will be displayed, and then we have to verify below header with ID is available and then Click the first record 

Normally we are doing: (With normal grid)

| Verify text | Process |

| Verify text | ID |

| $VAR= |get grid |[1] |column|[1]|row|[1]|value|
    | click on grid |[1] |column |[1] |row|[1]|

• Which step is not working? Does $VAR get populated when run on a paging grid?

"click on grid" is likely specific to editable grids. Please see my previous comment for some ideas regarding clicking on paging grids.

• These are all cardLayouts. I’m not sure how Fitnesse navigates to a card layout, but the top banners are the first set, then the column headers (the red part) in the first grid is the next cardLayout so then the row that you want to select should be the third card layout if you are working from top to bottom. (To display the detail information we have to click on the ID other fields are read-only.

• These are all cardLayouts. I’m not sure how Fitnesse navigates to a card layout, but the top banners are the first set, then the column headers (the red part) in the first grid is the next cardLayout so then the row that you want to select should be the third card layout if you are working from top to bottom. (To display the detail information we have to click on the ID other fields are read-only.

Children
No Data