Deadlock Error when using MNI

Hi All,

I am using MNI to start my sub process for each Id passed through Interface (Action) , which is configured as "Run all instances at the same time" .

My sub process has "write to data store entity"  so for each Id it will go to database and insert a new row . This result in error as "Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction"  . How do i resolve this issue ?

Any pointers will help ?

Thanks in Advance

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Since you are running all children at the same time, each child process is trying to hit the same database table at the exact same time, resulting in a lock preventing all writes from happening. Some ideas:

1) Why are you using MNI for this? Depending on what else is in the child process model, you could try to write all the rows in one transaction, eliminating the need for MNI altogether.

2) Can you simply run them one at a time to avoid the issue?

• Since you are running all children at the same time, each child process is trying to hit the same database table at the exact same time, resulting in a lock preventing all writes from happening. Some ideas:

1) Why are you using MNI for this? Depending on what else is in the child process model, you could try to write all the rows in one transaction, eliminating the need for MNI altogether.

2) Can you simply run them one at a time to avoid the issue?

Children
No Data