Deadlock Error when using MNI

Hi All,

I am using MNI to start my sub process for each Id passed through Interface (Action) , which is configured as "Run all instances at the same time" .

My sub process has "write to data store entity"  so for each Id it will go to database and insert a new row . This result in error as "Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction"  . How do i resolve this issue ?

Any pointers will help ?

Thanks in Advance

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Agree with Steve. You need to look at your design and business need

1. You could select run instances one at a time but might be a problem if the model has a user input task, or is too long, or..
    2. You could do the write to DB before you hit the MNI, moving the write up and do in bulk, by using a write to DS with a multi cdt or call a stored proc to do the eval, manipulation, and writes, then do the min based on the PKs returned
    3. or...

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Certified Lead Developer

Agree with Steve. You need to look at your design and business need

1. You could select run instances one at a time but might be a problem if the model has a user input task, or is too long, or..
    2. You could do the write to DB before you hit the MNI, moving the write up and do in bulk, by using a write to DS with a multi cdt or call a stored proc to do the eval, manipulation, and writes, then do the min based on the PKs returned
    3. or...

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Children
No Data