[WSDL] Switching environments with Call Web Service

A Score Level 2

Hello,

I work on a project with many Web Services to call. Some of them must be called inside process models using the Call Web Service Smart Service.

I encounter a few issues with that functionnality and would like to have toyr feedback on the best practices or solutions to solve them :

1. Each of the environment I am working on has its own WSDL for the same called service (one for DEV, one for TEST, one for PROD). I can't define the WSDL address dynamically, which means I have to open and modifiy manually every process model to modify every Smart Service when I switch environment. By doing so, the Smart Service deletes all the values of inputs and outputs and I also have to fill them again (In a PROD environment, this could cause issues due to the time frame during which manual updates are done)
  2. In the DEV environment, in my Call Web Service Smart Service, I use the "GET SERVICES" button to initalize all the CDTs from the Web Service. I eventually use the "REFRESH SERVICES" to update it if needed. When I try to patch my application to the TEST environment, I have a lot of incident related to the fact that those CDTs don't exist yet. In order to make them work, I have to first create a beacon process model to "GET SERVICES" with every Call Web Services Smart Service, and then only can I import my patch.

Those two issues are causing a lot of manual treatments and bring a lot of complexity to the environment synchronisation and patches. Am I doing something wrong ?

Thank you for your return !

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
No Data