I haven't seen this functionality, but think it would be nice to have.

I haven't seen this functionality, but think it would be nice to have.

I currently have 180+ process models.
I think it would be nice to have to be able to open a process model and know the following:

1- What process models utilize the process model I am opening
2- What sub-processes are used by the process model that I am opening

The only way to know if a process is used by others is upon "Save and Publishing" when the prompt shows up.

For a quick analysis of impact of change of requirements, it think it would be beneficial to know on a quick glance what sub-processes a process model uses, and what uses the selected process. I would suggest including this in the "View Documentation" mode of the process.

I envision a simple list with these two criteria.

Does this exist at the moment? If so, where?...

OriginalPostID-35024

OriginalPostID-35024

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Those would be the two workarounds to know the model dependecies and how it is used.
    1. Save and publish shows you what other processes uses your process model.
    2. Creating an application and checking for dependencies would show you what your model uses.

Although the information is available, I was thinking it would be nice to have in a single space (like view documentation) instead of having to go through the Process Modeler and then separately going through the Applications tab. If I have to do an analysis on a large number of models, this would be a time consuming process. For a single process, this would suffice.

• Those would be the two workarounds to know the model dependecies and how it is used.
    1. Save and publish shows you what other processes uses your process model.
    2. Creating an application and checking for dependencies would show you what your model uses.

Although the information is available, I was thinking it would be nice to have in a single space (like view documentation) instead of having to go through the Process Modeler and then separately going through the Applications tab. If I have to do an analysis on a large number of models, this would be a time consuming process. For a single process, this would suffice.

Children
No Data