Hi forum, I am using the Delete from Data Store Entities smart servic

Hi forum,

I am using the Delete from Data Store Entities smart service in a process. Whenever I try to assign the data store to delete from when configuring the properties, the node does not retain the data store I have assigned in the input. (see screenshot attachment). I am using Appian 7.2. Does anyone else have this issue?...

OriginalPostID-92395

OriginalPostID-92395

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Steven, thank you for your reply. I think I need to be a bit more descriptive about what I'd like to achieve in comparison to the result occurring. I have the parent db/CDT let's call this customers and the child db/CDT contacts. When prompted by the user, I'd like the delete from database node to remove a contact that the user has selected to delete. I would receive the relevant id from this selection and the inputs into the delete from database node would be as follows:

={entity:pv!ENTITY_CONTACTS, identifiers:pv!contactidstodelete}

into the 'data to delete' property. I gather from your answer and the documentation that the contacts id and it's entire row should be deleted from the contacts db, but what is actually occurring is that only the id is removed. The row that should be deleted from the db remains and gets assigned a new id.
  • Hi Steven, thank you for your reply. I think I need to be a bit more descriptive about what I'd like to achieve in comparison to the result occurring. I have the parent db/CDT let's call this customers and the child db/CDT contacts. When prompted by the user, I'd like the delete from database node to remove a contact that the user has selected to delete. I would receive the relevant id from this selection and the inputs into the delete from database node would be as follows:

={entity:pv!ENTITY_CONTACTS, identifiers:pv!contactidstodelete}

into the 'data to delete' property. I gather from your answer and the documentation that the contacts id and it's entire row should be deleted from the contacts db, but what is actually occurring is that only the id is removed. The row that should be deleted from the db remains and gets assigned a new id.
Children
No Data