Defer a User Input task for a time.

Hello All,

I have a requirement where the user inputs a defer time in the form (User Input Task 1) - say user enters 2 days , now when the user clicks on DEFER button on the form the task should be deferred for 2 days and after 2 days the workflow should move to the next activity which is a another User Input Task 2.

But if the User Input Task 1 changes the deferred time before 2 days the task should be deferred for the new time entered.

Could you please help me with some pointers on this solution.

Regards.

S

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to sarkara0001

My suggestion is put your timer node into a subprocess, and also in that subprocess include a boolean variable that you pass in from the parent indicating that the time has been updated, and a rule node that causes that subprocess to terminate when the boolean is set to True, as you launch a new instance of the same subprocess with the newest updated timer value.

A slightly simpler way of doing this, though less flexible overall, would be to still have the timer node in a subprocess, except instead of dealing with the boolean, just set the "Delete previous instances that are still active" in the "Other" tab of the subprocess node config, which would go ahead and kill off the previous timer every time you start a new one.

Children
No Data