Task is not correctly assigned

Certified Associate Developer

Hello All,

I have created a web API that initiated the process and generates a task for the use. This web API is called by third party application, Wherein they pass "username" as a parameter on the basis of which the process model executes.

Now inside the process model I'm using the username variable for the task assignment. For calling the Web API, I have created an unique user account which they use for authentication. As a result of which when the API is called, Its showing that account information as a process initiator(Which is fine) but the task is not getting assigned to the user whose value exists in "UserName" variable. However, If the same process model is initiated from Appian then it got assigned to correct user whose value exists in that variable

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

When you pull the username value in and store it in the PV of type user, are you wrapping the text value in a touser()? Appian might not always cast a text to user type for you. Never hurts to do this. Also, does the case and text match the username in Appian - exactly?

Might seem silly, but I had to ask...

in reply to ChristineH

Hello Christine,

The process model consists of activity chaining from start node till User Input task node, Due to that the task was getting assigned to 2 users. One which is already available in "userName" variable and another one "pp!initiator". So, under activity chaining properties I unchecked the "Override assignment for the next attended activity even if the current user is not an assignee" and then it started working fine. Slight smile

in reply to ChristineH

Hello Christine,

The process model consists of activity chaining from start node till User Input task node, Due to that the task was getting assigned to 2 users. One which is already available in "userName" variable and another one "pp!initiator". So, under activity chaining properties I unchecked the "Override assignment for the next attended activity even if the current user is not an assignee" and then it started working fine. Slight smile

Children
No Data