Is it possible to set a timer event scheduled for repeat every 30 seconds, at least 1 minute?

I am trying to set up a process model which automatically starts every 30 seconds thanks to a timer event on the start node, but the interface is blocking me because I can only insert values equal or grater than 5 minutes. 

Can this limit be bypassed somehow? Is it a limit on every environment?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

You need a stand-alone timer event on another process model to do that.  I think the shortest interval that comes standard on the timer node is 1 minute.  It would travel down a flow that starts off the other process asynchronously, then returns back to the timer event in a continuous loop.  You'd also want to have it go through an XOR gate if there needs to be conditions for it stopping.  That's if a process every minute is good enough.  You'd basically be inventing an automatic process starter process.

With clever trickery using the intervalds() and the now() function, you can have things scheduled to run at the exact time in the future equal to five seconds after now() or even 1 second after now() repeatedly.  With that, I've made a process that ran a script task every second.

I caution you, creating a running process every second or even every 30 seconds could be extremely bad news for your RAM and CPUs.  Try spawning these things much slower at first and make sure they're not overburdening your system before trying to spawn them faster.  Make sure your archiving on these is set appropriately.  Depending on how much resources these things take, how many queries they perform, and other factors, you might be contacting your infrastructure team to see if they can get your server working again later this week or even later today.  Appian makes certain things difficult for a reason. 

Now if I could just figure out how to get the SAIL to refresh every second.

Certified Lead Developer

You need a stand-alone timer event on another process model to do that.  I think the shortest interval that comes standard on the timer node is 1 minute.  It would travel down a flow that starts off the other process asynchronously, then returns back to the timer event in a continuous loop.  You'd also want to have it go through an XOR gate if there needs to be conditions for it stopping.  That's if a process every minute is good enough.  You'd basically be inventing an automatic process starter process.

With clever trickery using the intervalds() and the now() function, you can have things scheduled to run at the exact time in the future equal to five seconds after now() or even 1 second after now() repeatedly.  With that, I've made a process that ran a script task every second.

I caution you, creating a running process every second or even every 30 seconds could be extremely bad news for your RAM and CPUs.  Try spawning these things much slower at first and make sure they're not overburdening your system before trying to spawn them faster.  Make sure your archiving on these is set appropriately.  Depending on how much resources these things take, how many queries they perform, and other factors, you might be contacting your infrastructure team to see if they can get your server working again later this week or even later today.  Appian makes certain things difficult for a reason. 

Now if I could just figure out how to get the SAIL to refresh every second.

Children
No Data