Tasks getting cancelled automatically after 8 hours

Hello all,

I'm seeing a rare issue of tasks being cancelled automatically approximately after 8 hours of their initiation. Is any one seeing this kind of issue? We do not have any deadlines set on the task node or on the Sub-process node. We are using Appian v19.3

Please let me know if you need any other details, thank you!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Do you have any tasks that are scheduled to time out?  Do you have any other processes above the one calling the task?  Is anything in those processes scheduled to time out?  Can any of the processes above end without this task being completed?

If a process terminates (and everything goes according to plan) all the subprocesses are cancelled in whatever state they're in, including all tasks.  The first thing to check is to see if the process was cancelled.  If that's the case, then by far the most likely thing is a process above it completed.

• No , there are no scheduled timeouts and no tasks can be completed without this. Process instance is still active, but it is stopping at the task node.. I'm not seeing any Cancelled icon like red color on the task node.. task node looks still active, but when I go to the Process history, it says task as Cancelled by the Administrator. Thanks for your time and response!

Reply Children