Setting the date for an automatic process to run

When using the start event settings on a start node I can set when the process model runs automatically. For example I can tell it to run on the 25th of every month. However, if I want it to run on the last day of the month which is different every month then I need to add some logic to it. Is this possible? I have setup the following logic as the day for the process model to run which seems correct to me. 

=day(eomonth(today(),0))

Has anyone done something similar, if so was it the same way above?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • The logic you've created simply returns the value of the last day of the current month (e.g. for January your rule will return the integer value 31.)

The easiest way to solve this is to have your process run EVERY day, and have a XOR that determines if TODAY is the same value as the last day of the month and, if so, continue, else simply end the process. Your XOR logic would then be:

today()=eomonth(today(),0)

which returns either false() or true()

• The logic you've created simply returns the value of the last day of the current month (e.g. for January your rule will return the integer value 31.)

The easiest way to solve this is to have your process run EVERY day, and have a XOR that determines if TODAY is the same value as the last day of the month and, if so, continue, else simply end the process. Your XOR logic would then be:

today()=eomonth(today(),0)

which returns either false() or true()

Children