Deployment to trigger a process, or alternatively read News Feed from within Appian

Certified Lead Developer

My end goal is to kickoff a process after each deployment into an environment to run some automated tests and custom logic. Jenkins can accomplish this, but I am hoping there are ways to do this from within Appian.

Is it possible to either detect a deployment to trigger a process, or alternatively read the news feed from within Appian (Cloud)?

Thank you for your attention!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

A work-around to make a process start on deployment is to take advantage of the fact that a process that runs on a timer will spawn an instance when it is published.  When re-deploying this process model, it will re-publish itself and kick off a fresh instance.  So, you could build such a process and have a gateway based on a constant that is always set to "false" when not deploying (and just routes to an end event, so you can set the timer to whatever arbitrary value you want), but turn it to "true' when deploying, and route this to the rest of the process flow.

• +1
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Evan Rust

Evan, I have experienced this as well when deploying timer-start node PMs, that they execute; but would this require us to have to re-import the process every time as part of our import process? Would you have one for each application?
    What I found so far is that I can run a process every ~10 minutes that will fetch this file: /perflogs/import_trace.csv , which gets updated every time an import occurs ( getloginfo("perflogs/import_trace.csv") ), and I check the timestamp it was last updated versus the current timestamp. It works for now.

Thanks for your great input!

• +1
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Evan Rust

Evan, I have experienced this as well when deploying timer-start node PMs, that they execute; but would this require us to have to re-import the process every time as part of our import process? Would you have one for each application?
    What I found so far is that I can run a process every ~10 minutes that will fetch this file: /perflogs/import_trace.csv , which gets updated every time an import occurs ( getloginfo("perflogs/import_trace.csv") ), and I check the timestamp it was last updated versus the current timestamp. It works for now.

Thanks for your great input!

Children
No Data