Retrieve Cache Key externally

Hi All,

I am trying to retrieve the Cache Key when a start process link is executed in Appian from an External System Through Api.

Can any one help me with this?

Inserted the Output of a Startprocess link executed in Expression mode

Thanks,

Rohan Narla

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
  • We have a set of requests which are started using a process model with a start form and the user wants to click directly from the external page to load appian suggestion related to embedded has been given and sites have been implemented so when we click a link in an external system which directs to a appian site it opens in a new tab and there if they see all the different requests that is another click  so we want to avoid multiple clicks

Children
  • Hello All,

Was there ever an answer for this dilemma? We are trying to build something that follows a similar use case. We have an external site that contains products, and we would like to have a link to start a process in Appian to order said product. We must pass in the productId as the unique identifier so it is a seemless experience for the user to complete their order from external site to Appian. We were trying to leverage exposing a StartProcessLink using the procesModelOpaqueId paired with the Cache Key, but we are having a blocker dynamically creating that Cache Key from the external site.

All in all, we need to kick off a process from an external site which will naviagte the user directly into Appian, and have a screen appear showing the product they are ordering based on an input value. 

A Score Level 3
    in reply to brianc

We solve it this way

1. Call to Appian API passing data, starting a process and returning the URL of the first user input task
    2. Forward user to this URL

I think this should pretty simple to implement in the external system.

• Hi Stefan,

Thank you for your feedback. This was our original concept, but we are looking to implement a single step seamless approach for the users so they jump directly into the process vs having them to click on a URL link twice.