Once a user accepts a task, is there a way to update the status of a CDT in the database?

Once a user accepts a task, is there a way to update the status of a CDT in the database?

In my attempt to implement this, I created a process and configured the start event to receive a message (the setup tab is as shown below). In the Data tab, I added 'msg!properties'.'CDTNAME' as the Value and storing that in the process variable CDTNAME. Here, CDTNAME contains a status field which we want to update to Accepted and then write into the database. In the process that contains the user input task I was wondering if there is a way to configure an escalation event to send a message to this process once the task is accepted?

Are there any other ways to do this?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hello,

I think it might be a good idea to explain further why you need to do this or to rethink the approach.

In terms of reporting, I don't see an explicit need of writing on a DB the status is accepted but not completed doing so. Why? Because you can already have a Database where you can check this. There is an status "Accepted" and "Assigned" when someone selects a task and to read it, all you need to do is to create a task report and an expression rule that uses a!queryProcessAnalytics.

With that expression rule that calls the processAnalytics, you can already make a report or set it up on an interface.

I don't see much reason to notify user just in the instant someone has accepted the task (at that moment, that user is probably working on it), but rather if after a time certain time, in which the user did not completed the accepted task. In that scenario, you could do like Mike suggests, or even add it more logic (check time stamp when the task was accepted and compare with now())

Good luck!

Best,

Manuel

• Hello,

I think it might be a good idea to explain further why you need to do this or to rethink the approach.

In terms of reporting, I don't see an explicit need of writing on a DB the status is accepted but not completed doing so. Why? Because you can already have a Database where you can check this. There is an status "Accepted" and "Assigned" when someone selects a task and to read it, all you need to do is to create a task report and an expression rule that uses a!queryProcessAnalytics.

With that expression rule that calls the processAnalytics, you can already make a report or set it up on an interface.

I don't see much reason to notify user just in the instant someone has accepted the task (at that moment, that user is probably working on it), but rather if after a time certain time, in which the user did not completed the accepted task. In that scenario, you could do like Mike suggests, or even add it more logic (check time stamp when the task was accepted and compare with now())

Good luck!

Best,

Manuel

Children
No Data