Process after login

Certified Senior Developer

Hi,

I need to start a process just after the user logs in to Appian and before landing to a site. This process is used to profile the user and give him the right access group.

How can I get this? Any idea?

Thanks!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Is the user already created before they log in or are they getting created on login? If they already exist, I'd suggest setting the process to run on whatever triggers the user creation, so that way they already exist in the correct group.

If they are getting created on login, there are a few options:

• Group Membership rule - This allows you to define a rule for which users should be added to a group based on information in their profile. For example, you can add them to a group based on their department, or title.
    • You could create a site page that all new users go to by default. Have them click a button which then moves them to the correct group and updates their start page.

Also, if you're creating the user on login, I'd also consider if this is the best option. I've seen some cases where developers initially planned on this option, but eventually decided to create the users prior to login - see this conversation for more information.

Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to Peter Lewis

Thank you Peter,

we were thinking to an option like your second one, because the customer has a sort of hybrid authentication. No SAML, instead an LDAP directory service we use to nightly synch Appian and a separate web service call to put (or remove), "on the fly", the user in the right Appian group. So a default site page with a button could probably be the solution. But we have already developed the main site with 4 pages, so I'm not sure we could add a previous login site. I hope we will manage to do everything with the only LDAP synch.