Common Interface - Hide Button - Process Model

Hello All,

I have common interface with 2 buttons Yes and No. This common interface using in difference places in process model. However in one particular place need show only a button YES. Could any one please suggest on this.

Thanks in advance.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer

Depending on your specific use case, the way I'd usually handle this is to add a new parameter to the shared interface, in your case I'd call it something like "hideNoButton" or something similar; the effect would be that when NOTHING is passed in (i.e. all the older dependents that you don't want to update), nothing is changed, and when FALSE is passed in, nothing is changed still, but when TRUE is passed in (which you would for the one interface in question), the "No" button is hidden, which you should be able to manage easily with on-form logic.

The one thing you need to be careful of is that all dependents of this shared interface are calling it using dictionary syntax i.e. key-value syntax, that is, that the parameters are explicitly named, because if there are any places that use the old style (no parameter names), then when any new parameters are added, they'll be broken until you update them.

• +1
    Certified Lead Developer

Depending on your specific use case, the way I'd usually handle this is to add a new parameter to the shared interface, in your case I'd call it something like "hideNoButton" or something similar; the effect would be that when NOTHING is passed in (i.e. all the older dependents that you don't want to update), nothing is changed, and when FALSE is passed in, nothing is changed still, but when TRUE is passed in (which you would for the one interface in question), the "No" button is hidden, which you should be able to manage easily with on-form logic.

The one thing you need to be careful of is that all dependents of this shared interface are calling it using dictionary syntax i.e. key-value syntax, that is, that the parameters are explicitly named, because if there are any places that use the old style (no parameter names), then when any new parameters are added, they'll be broken until you update them.

Children
No Data