Button When clicked, go to different interface

I am building an app, I want to build a simple process which gets triggered when the button is clicked and goes to a different interface,

I have created a basic process model but I am unable to make it work:

In this XOR, checks if the button is clicked or not. But I don't know what to put in end node as it should get trigger when the button is clicked. What properties should I change so when the button is clicked, it goes to the interface which I want.

And I am also unable change the rule input value when the button is clicked, its default value if false, I want it to be true when is clicked, so the process model can start.
My button Save value to option has a!save(ri!Submit_Help) = true() command.

If you can also guide to some nice tutorial that will be great, as I am new to Appian and getting stuck almost at every step. I have watched many videos from the community site, is there some particular ones which you think can help me.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

You need 2 flows.  Stick a User Input task somewhere after the XOR, then draw lines from XOR to the User Input task, then from the User Input task to the End node.  Also click on the End node and set it to Terminate.  Click on the lines from Start to XOR and XOR to User Input and set Chaining to true if you want the next Form to appear right after the last one without extra steps in between.  That's called Activity Chaining, and you can read up on that more in the documentation.

You'll need to pick the form for your User Input task, then set the inputs to the form.  It's honestly gotten a lot more straightforward recently, and the app itself will help you do things right.  Then you'll need to configure the cases in your XOR to choose either one line or the other.  Labeling the lines can really help, but labeling the nodes you'll wind up on works alright by itself if they're good names.

Good luck, and welcome to Appian Community.

Certified Lead Developer

You need 2 flows.  Stick a User Input task somewhere after the XOR, then draw lines from XOR to the User Input task, then from the User Input task to the End node.  Also click on the End node and set it to Terminate.  Click on the lines from Start to XOR and XOR to User Input and set Chaining to true if you want the next Form to appear right after the last one without extra steps in between.  That's called Activity Chaining, and you can read up on that more in the documentation.

You'll need to pick the form for your User Input task, then set the inputs to the form.  It's honestly gotten a lot more straightforward recently, and the app itself will help you do things right.  Then you'll need to configure the cases in your XOR to choose either one line or the other.  Labeling the lines can really help, but labeling the nodes you'll wind up on works alright by itself if they're good names.

Good luck, and welcome to Appian Community.

Children
No Data