Process model created by Basic User does not send email

On a cloud installation, process models created by a Basic User are not sending email.
The problem is limited to Send E-Mail nodes, task notifications work.

Send E-Mail nodes are configured as follows:
Run as whoever started the process

Even when run by a System Administrator, the nodes still do not send email.

If the process model is created by a System Administrator, it will send email, regardless of who started it.

I could not find documentation on what seems to be a weird permission problem. The Basic User I am testing with is in the following groups:

• Application Users
  • Database Administrators
  • Designers
  • Process Model Creators
  • Tempo Users
  • The custom groups defined as Viewer and Administrator for the specific process model (and relative folder)

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • After a few days, it appears that the issue is gone, now even the process models designed by the Basic User can send email.
    I have been able to replicate the bug several times, and now with the same settings I can't reproduce it anymore.

I have absolutely no idea of what caused the issue, I'll just leave some random observations for future reference, in case this happens to anyone in the future and they find this discussion:

1) As previously stated (see other answers), it is unlikely that the problem is due to the mail server on the receiver side. As the email is sent from the "Process Model", it shouldn't contain any information about the process model creator.

2) Before the problem disappeared, we did try the following actions:
    - Having a System Adminstrator duplicate the process model created by the basic user to check if it would send email (it did)
    - Change the setting suggested by  in his answer ("Run as whoever designed this process model")

I cannot correlate these actions with the solution.

Thanks for all the help!

• After a few days, it appears that the issue is gone, now even the process models designed by the Basic User can send email.
    I have been able to replicate the bug several times, and now with the same settings I can't reproduce it anymore.

I have absolutely no idea of what caused the issue, I'll just leave some random observations for future reference, in case this happens to anyone in the future and they find this discussion:

1) As previously stated (see other answers), it is unlikely that the problem is due to the mail server on the receiver side. As the email is sent from the "Process Model", it shouldn't contain any information about the process model creator.

2) Before the problem disappeared, we did try the following actions:
    - Having a System Adminstrator duplicate the process model created by the basic user to check if it would send email (it did)
    - Change the setting suggested by  in his answer ("Run as whoever designed this process model")

I cannot correlate these actions with the solution.

Thanks for all the help!

Children
No Data