Having trouble configuring the "Write to Data Store"

Certified Associate Developer

So I have an interface that collects data from the user and need it to update an SQL database.  I have looked through the documentation, which has confused me more than when I started.  Does anyone have a "dummies" guide to setting this up?  Tips, Tricks?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • If you've been through the documentation and are still having issues, we would be better suited to help if you can share your current configuration, errors received, etc.

If I recall when I first started working with the new (at the time) Tempo "Write to DS" nodes, it wasn't clear that I had to manually create an input for my data type.  When you setup the node, the Data Store Entity parameter is available, for this you simply pick your data store (assuming it is configured).  From there, you add an Input Parameter of the type of your CDT, select your CDT process variable as the value.  On the Outputs tab, you have a Stored Value 'Result' variable available - you will want to set your CDT process variable as the Target, this will allow any database generated values such as unique ID to be stored in your process variable.  The ID determines on the next write if it is an insert (if this is not populated) or an update (if your ID is populated).

Feel free to add any additional details to the thread here.

Certified Associate Developer
    in reply to Chris

I figured it out.  Was something in my database.

Thank you both for all your help.

Reply Children
No Data