Alert Emails

Is there any way to redirect all the alert emails to the specified email ids without mentioning the group/user in the alert tab of each process model.

In general we can specify a group or user in the alert tab to receive the alert emails, but if we forgot or override the change then by default all the users in the environment will receive the alert emails.

To avoid this I would like to configure some list of email ids to receive all the email alerts.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

I always suggest handling this in an Expression Rule, and preferably a separate one for each particular app in your general Appian setup (if you have more than 1, that is).  The expression rule would go in the "defined by expression" box in the Alerts configuration, and can return any list of groups or users to receive the alert.  This makes it super easy to reconfigure and tweak later without having to go back through and edit every single process.

Certified Lead Developer

I always suggest handling this in an Expression Rule, and preferably a separate one for each particular app in your general Appian setup (if you have more than 1, that is).  The expression rule would go in the "defined by expression" box in the Alerts configuration, and can return any list of groups or users to receive the alert.  This makes it super easy to reconfigure and tweak later without having to go back through and edit every single process.

Children
  • Hi Mike,
    Thanks for your reply.

Our applications are already been running in prod from long back and the alerts have not been configured(i.e default alert setting) in the process model and the alert emails are disabled from server(custom.properties).
    Now we are planning to enable only alert emails(disabling all the remaining notifications like task notifications etc) by doing some changes in custom.properties file. There are already some failed instances in prod so once we enable alert emails then it will start sending mails for all the users in the environment since there was no proper alert group in the failed instances process model version.

Here I am expecting a solution by configuring some email ids in custom.proeprties file.