Hi all, We have requirement where we want to use Appian workflow capa

Hi all,

We have requirement where we want to use Appian workflow capability using third party UI framework that will integration with Appian for the workflow purpose. So we have requirements like:
1. Need to get logged's in user worklist.
2. Extract data from tempo feeds, records and reports
3. Actions data to start the process model and other details.

Apart from this I have search the Appian 7.3 documentation for the available APIs and found package named "com.appiancorp.suiteapi.process" with few class having operations or function related to process. I wan to understand whether it is recommended to use this package or other such package for the integration purpose of appian with external UI framework.

Please reply....

OriginalPostID-99067

OriginalPostID-99067

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• a process is a mix of scripted tasks and user input tasks. what you are trying to do is to remove ALL user input tasks from the process flow and make several services out of one process flow. you wish to use these services in an external UI. by following this design, you are essentially orchestrating the workflow out side of Appian. I don't think that is best practice and you will lose all mobile ability of Appian. With new 7.4 version, Appian user input form supports a lot of advanced features. I don't know the reason to use external UI and do all that hard work of design, code and test when a simple drag and drop or SAIL expressions can be used ?
  • Rahul, your approach totally loses out on the power and capabilities of Appian product. Butting Appian behind the curtains and using API's to use the standard features is prone to design and maintenance challenges as well. I recommend you take a moment to identify if this approach is utilizing the power of the product to its full potential.
  • Seems to me he's just talking about generating some reports and having access to them for some external UI presentation (eg could be as simple as excel;).