Achieve Process

Certified Senior Developer

Hello,

If we want to keep alive a process in order to use reports to show information to the customer, is that a big memory usage for Appian? 

Thanks

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

That's pretty exceptional.  On our project we're thinking about archiving things after only 3 days, and we have many more intensive processes that archive after 0 days.  That means they disappear seconds after they're complete.

The first reports I ever did were process-backed reports, and I've never done them since.  Keeping processes alive for a report or record is a terrible waste, because you have to keep all the data you ARE using for the report along with all the data you ARE NOT using for the report.  You can instead keep only what you need in the DB and throw out the rest.  Plus, the DB will store what it does store far more cost-effectively.

Certified Lead Developer

That's pretty exceptional.  On our project we're thinking about archiving things after only 3 days, and we have many more intensive processes that archive after 0 days.  That means they disappear seconds after they're complete.

The first reports I ever did were process-backed reports, and I've never done them since.  Keeping processes alive for a report or record is a terrible waste, because you have to keep all the data you ARE using for the report along with all the data you ARE NOT using for the report.  You can instead keep only what you need in the DB and throw out the rest.  Plus, the DB will store what it does store far more cost-effectively.

Children
No Data