Issue With Dropdown List From Query Rule

I am running into an issue with a dropdown list that I am trying to add to several process models. The data that populates this dropdown list comes from the database via a query rule for the list of items and for a specific item if it exists.

Here is the relevant information:
Display Label: =append({"--Select Group Tag--"}, pv!groupTagList.name_txt)
Value: =append({""},pv!groupTagList.GM_Id_int)
Default Value: =pv!groupTag.name_txt

pv!groupTagList is populated from all of the active tags in the database
pv!groupTagList is a cdt that contains an index (GM_Id_int), a name for the tag (name_txt) and some other values
When storing this information back into my cdt for the form I store the id rather than the name since names can be modified but ids will remain unique.

The problem that I am experiencing is that it does not matter if their is a non-null default value when I open the form where this dropdown is located I always see --Select Group Tag--....

OriginalPostID-99312

OriginalPostID-99312

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I changed the cdt variable type from text to integer. So now the value being stored is integer not text. What I am doing is storing the key into my table of group tags but for the user I want to display the name of the group tag not the value since the value has no meaning to the user.
    Group Table contains:
    key (int) name (text) description ......
    I save the key in my form but I want to display the text. Does that make more sense?
  • I changed the cdt variable type from text to integer. So now the value being stored is integer not text. What I am doing is storing the key into my table of group tags but for the user I want to display the name of the group tag not the value since the value has no meaning to the user.
    Group Table contains:
    key (int) name (text) description ......
    I save the key in my form but I want to display the text. Does that make more sense?
Children
No Data