Issue With Dropdown List From Query Rule

I am running into an issue with a dropdown list that I am trying to add to several process models. The data that populates this dropdown list comes from the database via a query rule for the list of items and for a specific item if it exists.

Here is the relevant information:
Display Label: =append({"--Select Group Tag--"}, pv!groupTagList.name_txt)
Value: =append({""},pv!groupTagList.GM_Id_int)
Default Value: =pv!groupTag.name_txt

pv!groupTagList is populated from all of the active tags in the database
pv!groupTagList is a cdt that contains an index (GM_Id_int), a name for the tag (name_txt) and some other values
When storing this information back into my cdt for the form I store the id rather than the name since names can be modified but ids will remain unique.

The problem that I am experiencing is that it does not matter if their is a non-null default value when I open the form where this dropdown is located I always see --Select Group Tag--....

OriginalPostID-99312

OriginalPostID-99312

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I finally have it working. Here are the final results of all of the settings:
    Default Value: =pv!requestToEdit.groupTag
    Data Type: Number (Integer)

=pv!requestToEdit.groupTag is the value associated with the record that I am editing and the groupTag is the filed (integer) value of the stored group tag id.

Thank you Steven for giving me some ideas on where to look and how to configure the different items.
  • I finally have it working. Here are the final results of all of the settings:
    Default Value: =pv!requestToEdit.groupTag
    Data Type: Number (Integer)

=pv!requestToEdit.groupTag is the value associated with the record that I am editing and the groupTag is the filed (integer) value of the stored group tag id.

Thank you Steven for giving me some ideas on where to look and how to configure the different items.
Children
No Data