Update data from an interface

I have a table that is connected to sub tables. Through an interface I want the user to select the record and I can update it.
I want to know how I can configure a button that updates directly in the database and how to connect it to a process model.

This is the interface and we have a button that takes us directly to the registry to update it.

This is the interface to update I already have the buttons, but I want to know how to configure them so that it is updated in the database.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Can you tell us more about your requirement to "connect it to a process model"?  As previously noted, you could make use of a!writeToDataStoreEntity() to update the data directly from the form, however if you will need to kick off a process model simultaneously, you should consider using that process to (also) update the data, and then perhaps do whatever subsequent processing you have in mind.  This is because it can be tricky (or impossible) to stack multiple smart service executions into a single click in a SAIL form, but it's trivially easy to accomplish something similar within a called process (i.e. using a!startProcess()).

Certified Lead Developer

Can you tell us more about your requirement to "connect it to a process model"?  As previously noted, you could make use of a!writeToDataStoreEntity() to update the data directly from the form, however if you will need to kick off a process model simultaneously, you should consider using that process to (also) update the data, and then perhaps do whatever subsequent processing you have in mind.  This is because it can be tricky (or impossible) to stack multiple smart service executions into a single click in a SAIL form, but it's trivially easy to accomplish something similar within a called process (i.e. using a!startProcess()).

Children
No Data