Task recall functionality

Hi All,
We have a headless pattern: The task is initiated by User A(who belongs to Group A) and submitted to User B /Group B for approval, as per requirement User A who was initiator can recall the task and update the data if required and submit once again to User B for approval. So when the task is in User B’s Bucket, along with User B ,User A can also take action (Recall to Edit) we at this point plan to give Task Assignment to both users (A & B) for it. At this point if User A acts on the Task ,then the Task must be removed from User B's bucket and vice-versa.
Has anyone implemented such solution or have once succeeded for such requirement?
Thanks in advance. 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

The way I saw it done is with Process to Process messaging.  The process to recall sends out a message to the PI that is holding the task for B, and that process is killed.  No more task, and A can proceed to make changes, then create a brand new submit to B.

Process to Process is very inefficient and slow, but this is still, I think, a very good use case for it.  It's very rarely used, and performance isn't critical for this type of operation.

There may be a better way of doing it, but I haven't been tasked with implementing it, thankfully.

Certified Lead Developer

The way I saw it done is with Process to Process messaging.  The process to recall sends out a message to the PI that is holding the task for B, and that process is killed.  No more task, and A can proceed to make changes, then create a brand new submit to B.

Process to Process is very inefficient and slow, but this is still, I think, a very good use case for it.  It's very rarely used, and performance isn't critical for this type of operation.

There may be a better way of doing it, but I haven't been tasked with implementing it, thankfully.

Children
No Data