How do I start a process from a URL (in an email) using processModelOpaqueId and cacheKey or some other way?

A Score Level 1

Hello,

We have a need to place a start process link in an email to end users so that the users can go directly to a process that has not yet been started from their email notification.

I have tried the following and it seems to work for the user that generated the link; however, if a different logged in user tries to use the generated URL it gives the An Error Has Occurred The process does not exist, has been deleted, or you do not have permission to start it.  Pink Box.

a!localVariables(
  local!startProcessLink: a!startProcessLink(
    processModel: ri!processModel,
    processParameters: ri!processParameters
  ),

local!processUrl: cons!CONSTANT_FOR_BASE_URL 
    & "/start-process/"
    & index(local!startProcessLink, "processModelOpaqueId", null)
    & "?parameters="
    & index(local!startProcessLink, "cacheKey", null),

local!processUrl
)

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
    A Score Level 1
    in reply to Stefan Helzle

For whatever reason our system was designed that instead of using Appian tasks that remain open and can be linked using a task link, our system uses a!startProcessLinks to bring the user to the task from a grid of their tasks.  I do not know why it was developed that way or whether they had a good reason (I am still asking around to find out) but at this point it is heavily developed that way.  Now the business would like to be able to start these tasks (new processes) from the email notification that goes out informing the user of the new task.

Children