Hi all, Is there a way to catch the exception thrown by the workflow and t

Hi all,
Is there a way to catch the exception thrown by the workflow and the exact error message of the error.
The error needs to be logged/saved. Is there a mechanism to log and save those error somewhere?
Awating your early inputs!!!!...

OriginalPostID-101504

OriginalPostID-101504

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Appian is not Java, you cannot "catch an exception" in Appian. You can only set up process alerts that will notify users about exceptions caught internally and process them in a predefined way. You should minimize possibility of exceptions. Actually, all the exceptions with stack trace are logged and can be extracted from the log files. But this is kind of "internals" and I would not build something in Appian based on that.

If it is possible that user can be missing it can be specifically checked in a process model with corresponding UI.

Other way is to go deeper and develop your own plugin in Java that catches expected exceptions and provides user friendly messages, etc. but I would discourage this way.
  • Appian is not Java, you cannot "catch an exception" in Appian. You can only set up process alerts that will notify users about exceptions caught internally and process them in a predefined way. You should minimize possibility of exceptions. Actually, all the exceptions with stack trace are logged and can be extracted from the log files. But this is kind of "internals" and I would not build something in Appian based on that.

If it is possible that user can be missing it can be specifically checked in a process model with corresponding UI.

Other way is to go deeper and develop your own plugin in Java that catches expected exceptions and provides user friendly messages, etc. but I would discourage this way.
Children
No Data