Hi Forum I'd like to display array variables received from a Quer

Hi Forum

I'd like to display array variables received from a Query Database smart service onto a paging grid. I know it is something to do with the todatasubset() function in Appian, but the documentation on in it very confusing and I am struggling to understand how to use it. Does anybody have a tried and tested method for my use case? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

OriginalPostID-101784

OriginalPostID-101784

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Nishanthia, thanks for the quick response

Unfortunately for my use case I cannot use a query rule, since I am using a query database smart service.

Basically, I'd like to implement the exact same use case that my colleague posted about a couple days ago - forum.appian.com/.../e-101358 - namely a multi filter search in Appian.

Please refer to amirula's 1st solution. We are trying to bring through data based on a specific sql query (a query that a standard query rule, to my knowledge, can't handle).

The query in the smart service node looks like this

WHERE ( ac!nfrst IS '' OR FirstName like '%' + ac!nfrst + '%' )
    AND ( ac!nlst IS '' OR LastName like '%' + sc!nlst + '%' )
    AND ( ac!njob IS '' OR Job like '%' + sc!njob + '%' )
    etc etc

So the smart service returns filtered searches into the paging grid based on specific entries that the user filled in for the search.
  • Hi Nishanthia, thanks for the quick response

Unfortunately for my use case I cannot use a query rule, since I am using a query database smart service.

Basically, I'd like to implement the exact same use case that my colleague posted about a couple days ago - forum.appian.com/.../e-101358 - namely a multi filter search in Appian.

Please refer to amirula's 1st solution. We are trying to bring through data based on a specific sql query (a query that a standard query rule, to my knowledge, can't handle).

The query in the smart service node looks like this

WHERE ( ac!nfrst IS '' OR FirstName like '%' + ac!nfrst + '%' )
    AND ( ac!nlst IS '' OR LastName like '%' + sc!nlst + '%' )
    AND ( ac!njob IS '' OR Job like '%' + sc!njob + '%' )
    etc etc

So the smart service returns filtered searches into the paging grid based on specific entries that the user filled in for the search.
Children
No Data