Hi Forum I'd like to display array variables received from a Quer

Hi Forum

I'd like to display array variables received from a Query Database smart service onto a paging grid. I know it is something to do with the todatasubset() function in Appian, but the documentation on in it very confusing and I am struggling to understand how to use it. Does anybody have a tried and tested method for my use case? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

OriginalPostID-101784

OriginalPostID-101784

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Amirula

I have created my CDT with the relevant fields to pass through onto my paging grid.

What I don't understand is how to display this data onto my paging grid. By looking at the paging grid component, there are three main aspects used to enter the data onto the paging grid, namely: the Data Set field, the Data Type field and the column input section.

Please correct me if I am wrong on the following:

I'm assuming that in the 'Data Set' field I would enter in the following for my case - todatasubset(cdtExample,data!paginginfo)

I'm also assuming that in the 'Data Type' field I would enter in the type 'DataSubset' using the picker.

I am completely lost with actually adding each column for the paging grid in this case. For each column added there are the following options: startindex, batchSize, sort, totalCount, data and identifiers. How do I assign each column?
  • Hi Amirula

I have created my CDT with the relevant fields to pass through onto my paging grid.

What I don't understand is how to display this data onto my paging grid. By looking at the paging grid component, there are three main aspects used to enter the data onto the paging grid, namely: the Data Set field, the Data Type field and the column input section.

Please correct me if I am wrong on the following:

I'm assuming that in the 'Data Set' field I would enter in the following for my case - todatasubset(cdtExample,data!paginginfo)

I'm also assuming that in the 'Data Type' field I would enter in the type 'DataSubset' using the picker.

I am completely lost with actually adding each column for the paging grid in this case. For each column added there are the following options: startindex, batchSize, sort, totalCount, data and identifiers. How do I assign each column?
Children
No Data