How to make the process go to next node when a node fails to prevent manual intervention?

Hi,
We have a situation where we need to proceed to the next node when a smart node fails. Now, we have to manually start the next node and this is not a efficient way since the process will run for several hours. I tried using the timer in the exception flow but this doesn't seem to work. Any ideas on how this can be achieved to prevent manual intervention?

Smart Service used is "Move To Filesystem" under FileSystem Services. In the exception flow, I have used Timer set to 1 minute(exception tab) so it would take exception flow if the node stays for more than a minute. 

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Meena

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Meena,

If a node in a process model is red crossed or failed, We have to restart it manually the same node or next node. Other way is , Create a parallel timer event and make it wait for definite amount of time and then outgoing path can be next node which usually fails. Make sure you have a Terminate event to terminate the Timer as well if Happy path executes.

• Hi Chandra Sekar,

Thanks for the timer idea. I tried but have few questions. Screenshot attached.

From the parallel gateway, i have timer node(set to 1 min) and the copy node(which may fail for some instances). For the failed condition, it seems to work fine where dummy node gets started and also the end event is executed. But for the happy path, bcos of the timer, it gets executed twice which creates a problem. Did i get it wrong? How do i avoid this?

Thanks for your help,

Meena

• Hi Chandra Sekar,

Thanks for the timer idea. I tried but have few questions. Screenshot attached.

From the parallel gateway, i have timer node(set to 1 min) and the copy node(which may fail for some instances). For the failed condition, it seems to work fine where dummy node gets started and also the end event is executed. But for the happy path, bcos of the timer, it gets executed twice which creates a problem. Did i get it wrong? How do i avoid this?

Thanks for your help,

Meena

Children